If you haven’t already heard, there is an major My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic game project underway, entirely created by a team of hardworking fans. You can see some samples of the progress on our Youtube page, where we post new video updates every other Monday. I've recently been nominated Voice Acting Supervisor!
This could be a once in a lifetime chance to voice a cartoon pony. HERE'S WHAT'S UP:
We are especially in need of more female voices. In particular, we have had almost no auditions for Spike and Rainbow Dash. A full list of characters we need voices for can be found HERE. We haven't yet compiled a character description for all the new/revamped G1 characters, but we hope to have those up ASAP. In the meantime, feel free to audition for all the main MLP:FiM cast.
You can use this handy soundboard for fast reference and practice.
I also put together some tips for optimizing your recordings.
If you want to do a voice but feel you can't imitate any of the mane characters, no worry! Send in some samples of different types of voices/accents you can do. You can use lines from your favorite movie/anime/comic/etc- the important thing is to show your range. Try different types of voices: old, young, rough, delicate, etc.
- Please introduce yourself with your base voice for reference.
- Speak 3-5 lines per character.
- Pick lines with varied emotions to show your range.
- If auditioning for more than one character, send each character audition as a separate file.
- Use lines from the show. (This helps us compare your voice to the originals.)
- When finished, email your audition to elena @ yamiloo.com, with the title "(Your name here) voice audition)"
Please tell anyone else who might be interested!